There are many well-known benefits to working with a personal fitness trainer. Some of these include providing accountability and support, making sure your form is correct, helping you set achievable goals, and motivating you to stay the course. However, there are also some lesser-known benefits that we’d like to make you privy to!
Here are six hidden perks of hiring a personal trainer:
- Working with a personal trainer can be educational! You get anatomy lessons for free, giving you a better understanding of your body. This can be extremely helpful if you struggle with chronic pain and/or mobility issues.
- You stop second guessing yourself and wondering what exercises you should do. Let the trainer do the thinking! This will lead to consistency, which is the key to progress.
- You get a customized fitness plan and an unbiased view of your progress. We record wins and opportunities to get better.
- Exercise and other forms of physical activity are known to have a positive effect on mental health. Regularly working with a personal trainer may help to reduce stress, depression, and anxiety. Boosting your mood and cognitive function can happen when there is more blood circulation to the brain, which occurs during exercise.
- Though personal trainers cannot recommend a specific meal plan or food recommendations (that’s the job of a registered dietitian or nutritionist), they can provide general nutrition guidance. This may include water intake recommendations, protein quantities, and advice on incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your meals.
- Personal trainers can be a huge help when recovering from an injury or rehabbing from surgery. They can help you pace yourself and do appropriate exercises for getting back into shape or building back strength so that you heal properly and don’t reinjure yourself. This can be in addition to physical therapy.
Our personal trainers in Bellevue and Redmond are ready to give you their all and provide these additional, hidden benefits to you as a client. Reach out to us to schedule a complimentary training session and let us know how we can help you in your fitness journey!